Andrew heads up the M&A team, and is co-head of MJ Hudson's law.
Andrew's legal practice focuses on providing advice concerning private equity, infrastructure and general corporate transactions, including competitive auction sales, public to private transactions, fund manager spin-outs, fund and fund manager formation, joint ventures and equity fundraising.
Andrew is a qualified Solicitor in England & Wales, having trained at Hogan Lovells. Before joining MJ Hudson, he spent 6 years working in Clifford Chance’s private equity group, including six months in Clifford Chance’s Frankfurt office in 2012. Andrew has also undertaken a secondment at 3i Group.
- LLB (Hons) European Law, University of Warwick (including year studying German Law at Justus-Liebig Universität, Giessen, Germany)
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
Recent client work
- advising M3 Global on its acquisition of specialist healthcare communications agency One Health Communications
- advising Making Science on its acquisition of leading digital advertising agency Nara Media
- advising the Love & Food Restaurant group on its acquisition of Vapiano restaurants
- advising a family office on the sale of its interests in Wagamama to The Restaurant Group plc
- advising the founders of Bradbury Phillips International on its sale to knk Business Software AG
- advising Alpina Partners on its leveraged acquisition of Virtalis Limited, a UK virtual reality business with US and South East Asia operations
- advising M3 Global on its acquisition of a Swedish medical research business
- advising on the private equity-backed buyout of a regulated UK building certification business
Andrew enjoys running, cycling, swimming. Also, prior to embarking on his legal career, he was an elephant keeper for a summer.
Revolving doors: A&O enters La La Land with group hire as DLA Piper lures former Freshfields finance chief
“After floating in 2019 , asset management consultancy and alternative business structure MJ Hudson has landed a key hire in the form of ex-Skadden partner Stephen Sims. Sims joins MJ Hudson’s legal offering to be a partner in its funds practice.”