Elisabet Herrera Sucarrat
Please complete the form, below, and we will get back to you soon.
Elisabet joined MJ Hudson’s Quantitative solutions team in October 2017 as Head of Research.
During these years her responsibilities have included:
- maintenance and development of MATLAB code within existing risk solutions. This includes implementing new functionality to enhance risk reports and also functionality demanded by clients or required by regulatory reporting;
- interaction and support with clients to discuss and understand their requirements;
- participation and review in regular client reporting cycles;
- presenting at conferences and events on financial risk topics.
Previously a Data Scientist at eDreams ODIGEO where Bet built AI models that would detect fraudulent transactions when they were happening with the aim to stop the transaction before payment occurred.
She was also formerly an Application Engineer at MathWorks with a focus on Computational Finance, Big Data, and Data Analytics. Her role was to provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team by understanding customer requirements and to leverage MATLAB product knowledge and industry experience to give recommendations on how MathWorks solutions could improve the results of customer development processes.
- Postgraduate Degree in Fundamentals of Data Science and Big Data, Universitat de Barcelona
- Doctor of Philosophy: Astrodynamics, University of Surrey
- Master’s Degree in Space Technology and Planetary Exploration, University of Surrey
- Master’s Degree in Quantitative Techniques for Financial Markets, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Master’s Degree in Mathematical Engineerng, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
Investment restriction monitoring
Regulatory reporting (UCITS, Annex IV, PRIIPs)
Bet enjoys playing padel tennis and spending time at the sea. She has a recreational boating license and plans to further develop her skills in sailing so that she can travel by boat during holidays with family. To unwind at home after work, she loves arts and crafts, in particular macramé.