Harriet represents funds, founders and investors in all aspects of growth capital transactions and corporate scaling-up.
She forms a key part of MJ Hudson’s venture ‘deal team’, expert in the idiosyncrasies of early-stage minority investing, M&A, and the protections required. Her client base spans the full VC spectrum, including a number of the UK’s leading VC fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices, through to working closely with founders and fast-growing technology companies, seeking and securing investment in the UK, Europe and the United States
With a myriad background in litigation, restructuring and private equity, Harriet’s clients value her lateral-thinking, pragmatic and commercial approach to mandates.
Prior to joining MJ Hudson, Harriet worked for leading UK and US law firms in London, Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands, in addition to working as the Head of Legal for a China-focused private equity fund and as a senior legal advisor to the Ocado Group.
- MA (Oxon), Modern History, Pembroke College, University of Oxford
- GDL, LPC (Distinction), BPP Law School
- Higher Rights of Audience in the Courts of England & Wales
- LLM, International Law, London School of Economics
- MA, Columbia University in the State of New York
- MA, University of the Arts
Recent client work
- retained counsel for Illuminate Financial and Connect Ventures, on multiple Seed, Series A and Series B financing rounds across Europe
- advising Entrepreneur First on the launch of its Singapore regulated fund and group restructuring
- acting for leading LPs on various US-based pre-IPO co-investment opportunities, including investments into Impossible Foods and TikTok
- representing artificial intelligence experts, Zenith AI, on their launch, initial funding rounds and ultimate acquisition by leading lab automation company, OpenTrons
- supporting a number of high-growth early-stage businesses as an ‘outsourced General Counsel’
- overseeing the management restructuring of the $1billion Trophy Property Development Fund, and the external restructuring of its assets across China
Harriet is a twice-Emmy nominated and multi award winning documentary producer and photographer, most recently working for HBO in New York.