Joris advises a range of clients on their ESG strategies, frameworks, and reporting.
He specialises in carbon & climate solutions, and ESG regulations such as SFDR and EU Taxonomy.
Joris has 7+ years of experience working in the sustainability sector. Prior to joining MJ Hudson, Joris worked as strategy and sustainability consultant. He has co-founded several social impact ventures, including the reforestation technology venture Treemendo, and sustainability consultancy AGREEn.
His work has been showcased at the Venice Biennale, London Design Week, and Dutch Design week. Joris was voted Young Impact Entrepreneur of the Netherlands 2017, and was part of the 100 most young sustainable impact makers of the Netherlands. Publications about his work have been featured in FastCompany, Dezeen, the Dutch Telegraph, Financieel Dagblad, and NOS.nl amongst others.
- MSc. Cum Laude Innovation Design Engineering, Imperial College London
- MA Innovation Design Engineering, Royal College of Art
- BSc. Physics & Astronomy with a specialization in Climate Physics, Radboud University
- Minor in Sustainable Innovation, Technical University Eindhoven
Recent client work
- Joris has been responsible for the ESG monitoring and reporting for some of the largest PE firms in the world, including KKR
- provided ESG assessments for over 150 companies, across continents and industries, including a renewable energy company
- developed ESG frameworks for several investment funds
Next to his role at MJ Hudson, Joris volunteers for the reforestation foundation Treemendo, supporting biodiversity and sharing his passion for wildlife.