Karin Leunis joined MJ Hudson’s ESG & sustainability team in 2018. During her tenure, she strengthened her analytical skills and developed skills relating to financial modelling, problem solving and client engagement.
Karin has seen and worked with companies across various industries ranging from software companies to manufactures of heavy construction machinery. Her project portfolio ranges from ESG due diligences to fund proposition development for private equity.
After her studies, Karin did an internship at EY in Warsaw and worked at Cryptica Capital, a cryptocurrency investment fund, where she was actively involved in setting up the fund.
Prior to MJ Hudson, Karin gained experience at Spring Associates and has worked on various strategy projects ranging from international growth strategy development to operational turnaround, in the space of renewable energy (solar) and e-commerce amongst others.
- BSc degree in Business Economics as well as in Dutch Law, Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- Financial Economics, Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- Erasmus Mundus LLM joint degree in European Law and Economics, Erasmus University of Rotterdam
Recent client work
- supported private equity firms in assessing the ESG performance of their current portfolio, where she engaged with current portfolio companies to become more ESG focused and identify value creation opportunities
- involved in the development of a private equity fund proposition, focused on sustainably mined metals required for the energy transition, where she gained experience in fund strategy development and the world of critical metals
- assisted private equity firms in fast-paced ESG due diligence projects of potential targets, analysing the data room from a risk perspective to identify red flags and risk mitigation (or value creation) opportunities