Karma is a Co-Managing Partner of MJ Hudson Law and also heads up MJ Hudson's Venture capital practice. Karma has extensive legal and commercial experience advising clients across the venture spectrum. This includes advising new managers on launching venture capital funds, both onshore and offshore. Karma also advises FOs and other LPs on direct and indirect investments, and secondary transactions as well as PE & VC managers, angel networks, HNWIs and high-growth start-up companies.
Karma joined from CMS having spent 12 years there. During his time at CMS, Karma completed secondments with AIG, Chartis and Zurich Financial Services.
- Completed the GDL and LPC, BPP Law School
- Degree in Economics and International Studies, University of Warwick
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
Recent client work
- advising Entrepreneur First on the launch of two UK funds to enable them to scale both in Europe and Asia as well as providing general advice in relation to their management vehicles (2015-2016)
- advising Isomer Capital on the establishment of a Luxembourg-based venture capital fund-of-funds (July 2015)
- advising Spring Partners on the launch of two related Luxembourg Funds (November 2015)
- advising Startupbootcamp on the launch of a number of start-up accelerator programs including Fintech London, Insurance London, Smart Transportation Berlin, Fintech Singapore and Digital Health Berlin (2015-2016)
- advising Backed LLP on a number of investments in high potential tech companies (e.g. Dispatchr, Unmade, Lystable and Technology Will Save Us) (2015)
Karma climbed the Eiger for charity in his youth and won a Blue Peter gold badge for his efforts.
“MJ Hudson has advised Isomer Capital, a UK based venture capital firm, with the launch of its second Luxembourg based VC fund of funds: Isomer Capital II SCSp, as well as the formation of a new flexible single-LP fund.”