Marieke Boudeling joined MJ Hudson’s ESG & sustainability team in 2017 and is now Principal.
Marieke has supported various types of clients, including VC, GP and listed funds, to integrate ESG throughout their investment process. Alongside the consulting activities, Marieke is involved with the business development practices at MJ Hudson.
Alongside her studies, Marieke worked as a research assistant at the economic research institute Nyfer and at the Utrecht University, and gained experience during a research internship at Social Enterprise NL.
After graduating, she joined Spring Associates as a Consultant. During her time at Spring, she developed into a strategy consultant with strong project management and analytical skills. Marieke was involved in various projects ranging from growth strategy development to strengthening of business development practices for corporates, entrepreneurs and private investors.
- Research Master’s Degree in Multidisciplinary Economics, Utrecht University
- Bachelor’s (Honors) Degree in Economics (minor Econometrics), Utrecht University
Recent client work
- supported various private equity firms in integrating sustainability in their investment processes. Specifically, managed projects to analyse ESG performance at the portfolio companies by identifying and monitoring value creation opportunities for portfolio companies (over consecutive years)
- managed ESG due diligence projects, where activities include identification of unmanageable risks and development of a strategic roadmap to make sure sustainability becomes part of the equity story of the target company
- involved in strategy and positioning of private equity funds, aligning the ESG activities to all stakeholders (from portfolio companies to LPs)
Marieke enjoys spending time in nature, while hiking, rowing or the occasional sailing trip.