Marieke Boudeling is Principal at MJ Hudson and is spearheading the team’s US expansion.
Marieke Boudeling has been part of the ESG & sustainability team for almost 6 years. She has supported over 25 GPs and engaged with hundreds of portfolio companies on how to successfully integrate ESG into their strategies.
Marieke recently moved to New York where she’s leading the team to cater to the growing demand in the US market.
Marieke Boudeling joined the team in 2017 and has supported various types of clients, including VC, GP and listed funds, to integrate ESG throughout their investment process. Alongside the consulting activities, Marieke is involved with the business development practices at MJ Hudson.
- Research Master’s Degree in Multidisciplinary Economics, Utrecht University
- Bachelor’s (Honors) Degree in Economics (minor Econometrics), Utrecht University
Recent client work
- involved in strategy and positioning of private equity funds, aligning the ESG activities to all stakeholders (from portfolio companies to LPs)
- supported various private equity firms in integrating sustainability in their investment processes. Specifically, managed projects to analyse ESG performance at the portfolio companies by identifying and monitoring value creation opportunities for portfolio companies (over consecutive years)
- managed ESG due diligence projects, where activities include identification of unmanageable risks and development of a strategic roadmap to make sure sustainability becomes part of the equity story of the target company
Marieke enjoys spending time in nature, while hiking, rowing or the occasional sailing trip.