Mark is an Investment Funds Lawyer.
He advises GPs, institutional investors, and family offices on all aspects of closed-end private funds, including fund formation, LP fund reviews, carried interest and key executive arrangements, co-investments and joint ventures, fund restructurings, and placement agreements.
Mark trained and qualified at Norton Rose (now Norton Rose Fulbright) and subsequently practised law at Kirkland & Ellis and Katten Muchin Rosenman. He joined MJ Hudson in 2013.
- BSc Economics, London School of Economics
- MSc Finance, London School of Economics
- PgDL, BPP Law School
- LPC, BPP Law School
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
Recent client work
- representing NextEnergy Capital, a solar asset manager, on the formation of NextEnergy III LP and ongoing advisory work
- acting for Schroder Capital, Bregal Investments, the Bernina family office, and LGT Capital Partners on multiple investments in a variety of private equity, real assets, and venture capital funds
- advised Pacific Current Group Limited, a global multi-boutique asset management firm, on the purchase of a minority stake in Astarte Capital Partners, a London-based real assets fund manager
- advised Impala Energy on forming a joint venture/CIS and raising capital to acquire and develop African natural gas assets
- representing certain interested parties on the restructuring of Abraaj North Africa Fund II
- advised Preservation Capital Partners, a specialist financial services asset manager, on the formation of its flagship fund
- acting for Calunius Capital on the formation of three flagship litigation funds, two co-investment funds, and ongoing advisory work
- advised Lonsdale Capital Partners on the structuring of key executive arrangements
- represented Energy Access Ventures, a Paris-based PE and VC manager specialising in technology and renewable energy, on the formation of Energy Access Ventures Fund I
- advising Backed VC on the formation of its first venture capital fund
In his free time, Mark enjoys playing golf and the piano. He has a keen interest in history. Before going to law school, Mark worked as a Research Associate in foreign policy at a U.S. government think tank in Washington, DC.
“Firms including Apollo Global Management and KKR are facing potential clawback issues due to COVID-19 induced writedowns. What are the implications for GPs and LPs when it comes to sponsors having to pay back carry?”