Martina is a Funds Lawyer at MJ Hudson who primarily advises fund sponsors in connection with the establishment, structuring and operation of private investment funds across all alternative investment strategies.
She also represents institutional investors making investments into private investment funds. Martina further advises on a broad range of other transactions relating to private investment funds including co-investments, carried interest arrangements and GP/fund restructurings and has experience in the establishment and operation of offshore hedge funds. Martina joined MJ Hudson in 2020 from Walkers, Hong Kong, where she was previously based.
Martina trained at SJ Berwin (now King & Wood Mallesons) before joining Kirkland & Ellis in their Hong Kong office in 2012 and subsequently Walkers (Hong Kong) in 2015.
- BA Hispanic Studies, The University of Nottingham
- Completed the LPC at BPP, Holborn
- Completed the GDL at BPP, Waterloo
Recent client work
- advised Pearl Diver Capital on the formation of two new CLO-focused investment funds (2020/21)
- advising a first-time fund manager on the formation of a new venture capital debt fund
- advising a venture capital SPV in relation to its pre-IPO investment into a major bitcoin company
- advising various different LP clients in relation to co-investment transactions sponsored by One Peak and BC Partners
- currently advising on the formation of a UK real estate debt fund where the anchor investor is a UK government entity
Martina is very keen on sports, particularly enjoying yoga, strength training and cycling and used to play rugby in Hong Kong. Martina balances out the exercise with cooking delicious Italian dishes at home.
“ESG funds are popular, but research has found the sector is rife with greenwashing. Lawyers warn a reckoning is coming.”