Matthew Hudson is CEO and founder of MJ Hudson.
Matthew has over 30 years of private equity experience, both as a lawyer and as an investor. He is a well-known industry figure, regularly speaking on new developments concerning the alternative assets industries, and has authored the leading texts of “Funds: Private Equity, Hedge and All Core Structures”, and “Fund Managers: The Complete Guide”, both published by Wiley Finance.
Matthew has helped build and manage four of the major alternative asset law firms:
- Founder of MJ Hudson
- co-founded the private equity group of SJ Berwin
- re-established the O’Melveny & Myers London office, the leading US west coast law firm
- created the London office for Proskauer, a leading east coast US firm
Further, he has also worked in four Private Equity houses:
- leveraged buy-outs for a group built within CSFB
- founded Far Blue Ventures, the venture capital house, backing IP spin-outs from universities
- co-founded Tower Gate Capital, making small cap investments
- Coller Capital, the global secondaries firm