Myles assists the hedge fund practice with over 20 years substantial multi-jurisdictional private practice and in house experience, the past 17 of which have been spent in the funds and regulatory spaces in various jurisdictions. He provides advice across many areas including investment funds (UK and offshore), hedge funds / funds of hedge funds, general regulatory and corporate governance.
Myles joined the firm from M W Cornish & Co, and has also been admitted as a Barrister & Commissioner for Oaths in Bermuda (2008) and as an Attorney at Law in the British West Indies (1996). He has also acted as Sole General Counsel at a niche London investment house.
- St Dunstan’s College, London
- Joint BA (Hons) in Law and French, Oxford Brookes University
- Solicitor (England and Wales)
Recent client work
- advising on a Jersey expert fund whose focus was convertible loan notes
- advising on several hedge funds, single and master feeder (Cayman) with varying strategies
- advising on AIFMD related agreements, marketing advice, prospectus revisions, AIFMD Supplements and depositary agreements
- advising on the world’s first regulated bitcoin fund (Jersey) to be listed (CISE)
Myles is a big classic car fan and might even own one (his guilty pleasure…). He attends the Goodwood Revival every year.