Paul heads up the Finance & restructuring law team. His practice is primarily focused on financial restructuring, insolvency and finance matters, including UK and cross-border workouts, fund financings and specialty lending.
Paul has experience acting for a range of clients, including private equity funds, alternative investment managers, hedge funds and insolvency practitioners and represents major creditors and stakeholders both in the UK and internationally.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- Modern History, Balliol College, University of Oxford
- Solicitor, England and Wales
Recent client work
- advising the liquidators on a complex insolvency process involving a group of international entertainment companies
- advising a US alternative capital provider on a multi-layer financing involving two UK media companies
- advising a private equity fund on the financing of two UK solar park projects and the related acquisition of three project companies
- advising a liquidator on the sale of two leisure parks and related assets out of liquidation
- advising various private investment funds on secured subscription line facilities to bridge capital calls and make investments
- advising a leading European secondaries fund on the financing aspects of a leveraged secondaries transaction to acquire multiple limited partnership interests in a global fund of funds
- advising a specialist alternative asset manager in relation to direct investments through the issue of secured bonds by an industrial equipment company and a UK distillery company
Outside work Paul enjoys spending time with his family and friends, cricket and is a long suffering supporter of Tottenham Hotspurs.
“Canyon Partners, Cerberus Capital, KKR and MBK Partners are part of a fast-growing wave of fund managers and asset owners looking to Asia for bad debt investment opportunities.”