Rob Eke is a Senior Associate within the Private funds law team. He is a Specialist Adviser to alternative asset managers and investors, particularly in the private equity asset class.
Rob has worked exclusively in the alternative assets space since joining the business. He advises on fund formation and primary investments, co-investments and secondary transactions for new and established managers as well as institutional investors. Rob also advises on other key matters such as fund marketing.
Rob has extensive knowledge and experience of fund structures in key onshore and offshore jurisdictions and has worked on secondment in an offshore jurisdiction.
Recent client work
- the establishment of a closed-ended turnaround fund (2021)
- the establishment of a closed-ended venture capital fund (2021)
- advising European fund managers on SFDR and EU Taxonomy Compliance (2021)
- advising several European institutional investors on co-investments (2021)
- advising European and American institutional investors on +50 primary investments (2019-21)
- advising several European institutional investors on the sale of interests in private funds (2020)
- advising an institutional investor on a portfolio sale of over 150 interests in private funds (2019)
- the establishment of a closed-ended fund investing in CLOs (2019)
- the establishment of a value-orientated open-ended hedge fund (2019)
- the establishment of an open-ended fund investing in CLOs (2018)
- the establishment of an open-ended fund investing with a quantitative strategy (2018)
Rob enjoys playing amateur football, participating in duathlons and triathlons, and also learning foreign languages.