Ronan is a Partner in the Venture capital team at MJ Hudson and joined the firm in 2012. He advises on a wide range of investment fund related work including the launch of new closed-ended funds, the creation of investment management businesses, carried interest schemes, co-investment opportunities and LP advisory mandates.
Ronan qualified as a Lawyer in 2012 having completed his training contract at a leading commercial law firm in Northern Ireland. He has legal experience both onshore and offshore having worked in the UK, Channel Islands and Hong Kong during his career to date.
- Law with Politics, Queen’s University Belfast
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Legal Studies, Queen’s University Belfast
- Solicitor (England and Wales and Northern Ireland)
Recent client work
- advising Isomer Capital on the launch of its second Luxembourg based VC fund of funds, Isomer Capital II SCSp, as well as the formation of a new flexible single-LP fund (2020/21)
- advising Kindred Capital in relation to the launch of its first two institutional funds, which are both supported with capital from British Patient Capital, and which are focused on investing in high potential technology companies (2015/21)
- advising Entrepreneur First (EF) on the launch of four UK funds, including EF’s “Next Stage” fund which is supported with capital from British Business Bank (2015/21)
- advising Backed VC on the launch of its second pan-European seed-stage fund (2019/21)
- advising 4BIO Capital on the launch of its second UK based VC fund which invests in venture capital and public equities in life sciences focussing on gene, cell and RNA-based therapies (2020/21)
- advising Saras Capital on the launch of its first UK based VC fund, which is focused on seed stage investments (2020/21)
- advising Semantic Ventures, on the launch of its first institutional fund, which is domiciled in the UK and is focused on investing in digital assets (2019/21)
- advising a number of family offices and multi-family offices in relation to a large number of fund investments and co-investments (2015/21)
In his spare time, Ronan enjoys staying active and is a keen runner and bootcamp enthusiast.