Wouter specialises in strategy consulting for investors on the environmental and ethical impact of their portfolios.
Since March 2021, Wouter has supported private market funds in the design and implementation of responsible investment strategies, ranging from negative screening to impact, throughout their investment process.
Prior to joining MJ Hudson, Wouter has worked as a management consultant in Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam and has held two analyst positions in legal services firms. Additionally, he has been involved in a start-up and has acted as a guest lecturer at Wageningen University.
- MSc Environmental Sciences (cum laude), Wageningen University
- BSc International Business Administration, Erasmus University
- BSc Law, Erasmus University
Recent client work
- advised a private family office on the ESG profile and impact of their portfolio across public and private asset classes and the design of a ESG-aligned investment strategy
- updated a portfolio ESG scan for a private family office whilst advising in the due diligence process for new fund investments
- closely involved in two strategy engagements for private equity funds engaging portfolio companies on material ESG themes and value creation opportunities
- several ESG due diligence assignments for private equity investors pivoted targets identifying risk and value creation opportunities of target companies
Wouter is passionate about nature, contemporary art and travelling off the beaten track. He is also an amateur collector of Hawaiian shirts.