We interviewed Helen Steers, Partner, Pantheon Ventures. During the interview we discussed:
• Level 20 - origins, latest developments.
• Listed private equity – democratisation of PE, advantages and disadvantages of listed PE.
• Listed private equity – who is winning? NAV discounts – but some are trading at a premium, whilst others are not
• Can listed private equity help democratise the industry?
• LP Concerns - ESG developments, Disclosure, Transparency, Diversity & Inclusion, GAIN.
• Image of private equity – getting better or…?
• Co-investments – what are latest trends and issues?
Helen is a Partner in Pantheon’s European Investment Team and Pantheon’s senior manager for our listed investment company, Pantheon International Plc. She is a member of the International Investment Committee.
Helen joined Pantheon in 2004 from Russell Investments in Paris where she was Managing Director with overall responsibility for private equity in Europe. Prior to joining Russell in 1999, Helen worked as Director, European Private Equity with the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and was a senior investment manager at the Business Development Bank of Canada in Montréal.
Helen is a Past Chair and Council member of the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVCA) and served on the Board and LP Council of Invest Europe. Helen is a co-founder and Board member of Level 20, a non-profit making organisation that has been set up to encourage women to succeed in the private equity industry.
Helen received a BA and an MA in Engineering from the University of Cambridge and an MBA from the University of Western Ontario in Canada.
MJ Hudson services - Private funds law
MJ Hudson services - ESG & sustainability
Helen Steers' LinkedIn: Click here
Pantheon webiste - Click here
Level 20 website - Click here
MJ Hudson quick read - Behind the co-investment curtain: current “market” terms revealed
MJ Hudson quick read - It's not easy being green: SFDR and communicating your ESG credentials
MJ Hudson quick read - Private equity funds post crisis: eight key trends
MJ Hudson quick read - Drawing back the veil: A summary of upcoming Companies House transparency reforms
Featured song - Dire Straits - Lions
- private equity
- public image