Hosts Eamon Devlin and rising star Lauren Burton interview Antoine Drean, Founder & Chairman of Triago. We discuss the following topics:
• What are the (real) PE super trends?
• Problems of going from a small industry with high returns to a large industry with low(er) returns.
• Secondaries: GP-leds. Liquid - more liquid than small listed stocks.
• Digital world for PE. Paint a picture in the next 10 years.
• M&A - Manager M&A - trends and issues
• 10 predictions for the PE industry.
• Competition - buyouts - too many players?
Antoine Drean founded Triago in 1992. Antoine is in charge of the group’s business development and manages Triago’s strategic advisory missions for clients.
He has over 33 years of industry experience as an advisor to the private equity fund community and as an entrepreneur. He was also Europe’s first placement agent. Antoine started his professional career in 1986 in a French advisory firm specialized in distressed situations. In 1988, he founded an M&A boutique which he eventually sold to an American investment bank in 1990.
Antoine earned an MBA from The Wharton School and was a member of the Wharton EMEA Executive Board (July 2010 – June 2020) from which he was Chairman from July 2016 to June 2020.
MJ Hudson services - Private funds law
MJ Hudson services - M&A & corporate law
Antoine Drean's LinkedIn - Click here
MJ Hudson quick read - Secondaries – 10 emerging trends
MJ Hudson quick read - What can secondaries do for LPs and GPs?
MJ Hudson quick read - Alternative liquidity management
MJ Hudson quick read - Private equity funds post crisis: eight key trends
MJ Hudson quick read - Private equity vs. trade buyouts – five points of difference for management teams
Featured song - A Filetta - Sumiglia
- Antoine Drean
- private equity
- trade buyouts